Kynoselen Injection 100mL is a cardiac & respiratory tonic & selenium supplement.
Muscular stimulant for horses and dogs. Aids in control of muscular dystrophy in horses and dogs. (tying up in horses).
Kynoselen treats selenium deficiency and increases and helps selenium supplementation.
Kynoselen Injection 100mL protects muscles and delays the onset of Muscle fatigue.
- Disodic adenosine monophosphate: Improves cardiac and skeletal muscle output & increases blood supply to muscles.
- Heptaminol hydrochloride: Increases cardiac output to meet increased demand during & following exercise & training.
- Magnesium aspartate
- Postassium aspartate: reported to be of value in delaying the onset of muscle fatigue.
- Selenium (as sodium selenite): Highly available selenium. Prevents & treats selenium deficiency. Protects from muscle damage & “tying-up”.
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12): For carbohydrate, protein & amino acid metabolism (the process by which food is used to produce energy). Improves appetite with a “tonic” effect.
Selenium is an essential trace element. An important interrelationship exists between Vitamin E and selenium. Selenium is important for:
- the immune system
- cell membranes (protects cells from damage)
- for the prevention of muscle degenerative conditions
- for cardiac & skeletal muscles.
Vitamin E and selenium are essential to protect the integrity of muscle cells. Selenium is required for the formation of glutathione peroxidase, a key ingredient in energy production. Both Vitamin E and selenium are important antioxidants, working to scavenge free radicals that damage muscle cells.
Large areas of Australia are known to be selenium deficient. Hay & grain grown in soils in these areas will be selenium deficient. Both selenium & vitamin E appear essential for muscle function and the contribution of each is dependent on the other. It appears that it takes a considerable time (from 8 – 10 weeks) for dietary selenium supplementation to increase blood glutathione peroxidase (the enzyme that combines with Vitamin E to protect muscles & muscle activity). Injections of sodium selenite repeated weekly or fortnightly are recommended.
Kynoselen: Prevention & Treatment:
Regular treatment with Kynoselen is recommended:
- to treat selenium deficiency
- to increase the intensity of exercise & training
- for accurate, reliable selenium supplementation
- as a cardiac & muscle “tonic”.
Other effects of muscle fatigue which may not be easily recognised include damage to skeletal muscles, circulatory (heart) and respiratory (lung) systems.
In the legs, the shift from muscle contraction to relaxation pulls and releases the tendons, controlling the movement of the bones. When muscles fatigue the horse begins to lose control over the stride, increasing the danger that a tendon will be extended at the wrong time. The injuries that result range from bowed tendons to bone fractures.
Dose & Administration (Horses):
- Administer by intramuscular or subcutaneous injection.
For Prevention of Selenium deficiency:
- Adult Horses: 20ml weekly for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Foals: 10ml weekly for 2 to 3 weeks.
For Treatment of Selenium deficiency:
- Adult Horses: 20ml every 3 days (total of 4 injections).
- Foals: 10ml every 3 days (total of 4 injections).
- The response should be reviewed at the end of the four treatments.
Store below 25 degrees Celsius & protect from light.