It contains dexamethasone, a synthetic drug analogous to prednisolone with anti-inflammatory action and a more powerful glucocorticoid. It offers the advantage of greater effect in a lower dose.
• In acute or chronic inflammations.
• Gluconeogenic activity.
• As an auxiliary treatment in cases of ketosis.
• In cases of poisoning to prevent possible shock.
• It is recommended to reassure cattle during shipment or transport, avoiding weight loss, especially in cattle and pigs.
• Combats inflammation in mastitits, metritis, pododermatitis, pneumonia, bronchopneumonia, increasing the efficiency of antibiotics.
It is indicated in:
Horses: Respiratory conditions such as rhinitis, coughs, colds, osteoarthritic lameness, traumatic limb injuries, stress states.
Glycocorticoids are natural hormones that prevent or suppress immune and inflammatory responses when administered in pharmacological doses.
Free glucocorticoids readily cross cell membranes and bind to specific cytoplasmic receptors, inducing a series of responses that modify transcription and, therefore, protein synthesis.
These responses are inhibition of leukocyte infiltration at the site of inflammation, interference with inflammatory mediators, and suppression of immune responses. The anti-inflammatory action of glucocorticoids involves phospholipase A2 inhibitory proteins, the so-called lipocortins.
In turn, lipocortins control the biosynthesis of a series of potent inflammatory mediators such as prostaglandins and leukotriene.
Some of the glucocorticoid responses are reduction of edema and a general suppression of the immune response.
Distributed from Mexico